Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Coach in training

It occurred to me why I have such difficulty concentrating in the afternoons. I am the primary coach in all of my children's lives. This is what my afternoon consisted of...my sweetheart put me to bed for a nap because I had a migraine. When the kids came in from school, Amberly ran for the bed and jumped right in the middle, then the two teenagers piled on while Braden blew his brand new trumpet loudly for all to hear. Today was his first day to play trumpet in the band. He had a late start, but made up for four weeks of missed lessons in one night! So began my afternoon of coaching. I spent an hour helping him to find the pitch to "G"...I played the piano, he blared the trumpet...remember, I've been in bed with a migraine. Next I quizzed Jana on ten new Junior Miss Interview questions. She is in our county's Junior Miss this coming Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness she's taking a government class a school. We quickly figured out that if she'll just say the opposite of what she's learned in school that should be about right and in line with our moral, spiritual and world views! Anna had an off day, she was "teaching" a violin lesson so I had a reprieve from keeping her from the depths of despair. On to first grade homework...that would be reading, sight words, spelling words, math homework and then violin practice. I ended my very hectic evening watching Jana rehearse junior miss routines. My migraine's gone...in it's place is a numb sort of tingling :) At the end of the day I'll be anxious for nothing and thankful for my crazy, chaotic life and those that fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment